Monday, October 23, 2006

Apologies


I have not posted anything over the past three days because I've been busy pretending that this game never happened; also visiting with the parents of Mrs. Pirate, who are in town for an extended weekend.

At some point I'll feel up to posting the Mets Historia Calamitatum, but not right now.

Also, condolences to the family of Nelson de la Rosa, who I guess was famous for being a tiny friend of Pedro Martinez. And Kenny Rogers was definitely cheating. But he was doing it in the time-honored fashion of Gaylord Perry and Whitey Ford: blatantly, right in front of Tony La Russa, the umpires, thousands of fans, and the Hi-def cameras, so I respect him for it. Of course, he's still a no-good punk who walked in the winning run in the NLCS against the Braves in '99 . . . but he's trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home