Monday, October 16, 2006

Sometimes You Win, Sometimes You Lose, And Sometimes . . . It Rains


Well, I don't think anybody really expected to get the game in tonight. I finally figured that I didn't want a rainout. Any benefit of getting an extra day of rest for Glavine is canceled out by the extra day of rest for the battered Cardinals bullpen. Also, Weaver has apparently never been asked to pitch on short rest in his career, which I think means it probably would have effected him more than Titan Tom.

On the other hand, Carpenter hasn't been asked to go tomorrow, so it looks like we'll get him in Game 6 in New York, which is a definite plus. As I said earlier, Carp has a very definite home/road split, and the Mets need all the help they can get against what will probably be the NL Cy Young winner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home