Friday, December 15, 2006

AL MVP

Just for shits 'n giggles, here's the same info, but for the American League. I thought Jeter would win the MVP pretty handily. His main competition, I thought, was Ortiz and Santana; neither of whom could win the MVP because one's a pitcher, and the other is a DH for a team that didn't even make the playoffs. Yet again, I was wrong.

If you look at WSAB, you couldn't go wrong with either Jeter, Ortiz, or Mauer; take your pick. If you want to eliminate Ortiz because the Red Sox didn't make the playoffs, I got no problem with that. So between Mauer and Jeter, I expected Captain Intangibles to win, because he plays more games as a shortstop, and of course the New York Media Bias. What I did not expect was that anybody would vote for Justin Morneau, who doesn't crack the top seven in WSAB and who wasn't even the most valuable player on his own team.

I'd like to think that MVP voters have rare and special insight to the game, but it's pretty clear that they just vote for whoever has the best Triple Crown stats.


-- Continued above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home