Thursday, September 20, 2007

Mets 7 at Florida 8

Well, that sucked. What's up with Billy Wagner, I wonder? [Back spasms, apparently] If he's available, I think we win that game. Anyway, here's a distressing image.



So, Phillies . . . game and a half back, again. We gotta take three out of four from the Marlins, here. On the upside, at least, I figured this'd be the game we would lose anyway, 'cause Dontrelle has owned the Mets since he came in the league, so . . . ah, fuck, who am I kidding? That blew.

Hey, here's some fun -- compare the above chart with this one below.

You can sync up the reasons why the Mets' lead has been evaporating! Like, everybody was hot back in April and May, but then nobody could hit. Then the bullpen stunk. Then by August, everybody was hitting again, but the starters were getting lit up, and the bullpen too! Sweet.

I miss those heady days of April. Of course, I miss our 7-game lead over the Phillies, too.



Hat tip to the Hardball Times for the above/below .500 format. I find the division races there fascinating to look at, but terrifying in this particular case.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home