Thursday, March 13, 2008

Jose Reyes And The Stolen Base

I got another one up at the 'Geek, this one on Jose Reyes and his stolen bases last year.  I started looking at his attempts per month data with the expectation that there would be no pattern, and that therefore Jose's slump in September was just a coincidence, bad timing.  I was kinda surprised to find out that there was an interesting pattern to his base running.  Turns out, in the month before his slump, Reyes doubled the rate at which the attempted to steal bases.  And for a month, he was successful.  But I think that the bill came due in September, and this led directly to his crappy finish.

Also, one minor correction: Reyes was closing in on the Mets single-season stolen base record, previously held by ol' Stone Hands himself.  God, I hated that guy.  Anyway, my bad.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home