Thursday, March 29, 2007

My Fantasy Baseball Team


Is it any good? What do you think? Before you answer that, I gotta tell you that this is the first time I've participated in this league, and it's a weird one. They use a bunch of weird stats, not the usual 5x5, or even the weird-but-consistent Sabermetric version. They also count 8 hitting stats, but only 6 pitching: R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, FPCT, AVG, OBP, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/9. I've never drafted a team where you have to worry about fielding percentage, or OBP, or BB, or K/9. Anyway, since OBP and Fielding percentage count in this league and I didn't know what the fuck to do, I drafted guys based on their projected Wins Above Replacement Level, from Baseball Prospectus. So, is my team any good? I have no idea.

2 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger Generalissimo Juan Flores said...

if i may quote chevy chase as gerald ford: "It was to my knowledge that there would be no math during this debate."

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger pickinggooseberries said...

How do you expect to win without Jose Valentin?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home