Thursday, May 08, 2008

Jeez, I Haven't Posted Over Here In A Long Time

So, if you're one of the three dudes who read this thing regularly, I've had a couple of new things up over at MetsGeek: one on Nelson Figueroa, and a new one on Mike Pelfrey.

The one on Pelfrey I actually really like. I got to look into some of the Pitch-F/X data that Josh Kalk's been putting up; I think that shit is fascinating. One of the things I didn't get to go into was the pitch/count information, especially when combined with the results from Pelfrey's splits on B-Ref. Like, nobody this year has swung at a 3-0 pitch from Pelfrey. Nobody. Or, on 3-1 pitches Pelfrey is allowing a 2.650 OPS. Glarg.

Anyway, I think that kind of stuff is really interesting. On the other hand, I also fill out spreadsheets for fun.

.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home